Buy an item and help us restore coral reefs through active transplantation in Riviera Maya, Mexico!
We all love the turquoise water, vast marine life and coral reefs in our oceans.
Global warming, ocean acidification, overfishing and ignorance has a huge impact in coral reefs.
It's time for us HUMANS to unite 4 coral REEFS.
Coral reefs have been in global decline because of issues such as pollution and overfishing.
Some regions, like the Caribbean, have already lost over 80% of corals.
Global warming and ocean acidification are impacting and bleaching coral reefs.
If we don't help now, coral reefs will disappear.
Why care for coral reefs?
-Coral reefs generate around 50% of the air humans breathe.
- They are an important food source for the people who live near reefs.
- Different corals are used in medicines for humans.
- Coral reefs generate jobs and business through tourism.
- Coral reefs protect humans; they act like natural barriers against storm, hurricanes and even tsunamis.
Healthy reefs=healthy humans
THE PROGRAM: COZUMEL CORAL REEF RESTORATION
Our products are artful creations of humans that care for the ocean and marine life.
Through their collaborations, these talented artists and illustrators are helping to preserve our beautiful oceans and reefs.
How will your purchase help corals?
With your purchase or donation we will:
· Help restore corals with our partner Cozumel Coral Reef Restoration Program, helping create larger coral restoration areas and nurseries in Cozumel and Riviera Maya.
· Work with marine biologists in different restoration projects, such as micro fragmentation, coral spawning, bio rock.
· Raise awareness on our oceans health and coral reefs, correct diving protocols and how to leave a much smaller carbon footprint on our planet.